Sunday, November 30, 2008

November's End







I can not believe it is the last day of November! I have so much to be thankful for. My family tops the list. We had such a nice Thanksgiving Day. Jared helped me keep kids busy, he went to pick up the turkeys that Dray and her family cooked in the pit. {I love you Dray, those turkeys were the best.} He vacuumed, set up tables, moved furniture, you name it... all while feeling pretty crummy, cold medicine rocks. Mollie slept in, cuz Nutcracker everything is taking all of her energy. Christian helped me cook and went with my angel mom to buy cat litter when we realized we were out, not good when the whole family is due to arrive in an hour and you have 9 cats.

We ate at 3pm so Naomi and Carlin would be able to come. I can't believe how grown up all of the cousins are. Even with all the food Jordan wanted peanut butter and jelly for his crackers, I should have taken a picture of that so I could tease him later on in life!! Aunt Debbie and Christy came I haven't had Thanksgiving with them in I don't know how many years. Aunt Debbie was able to meet Isaac. Mom J. helped do tons of dishes, Kim helped me dole out the leftovers, and Jared did more dishes and bagged up the leftover turkey while Kim and I watched tv, (fell asleep on the couch.)

Then on Friday I woke up with Jared's cold and pretty much have stayed in bed since except to drive Miss Mollie to Nutcracker when Jared isn't available. Bed can be a great place when the dvr is full of good stuff and the cutest grandson in the world comes to visit at naptime because his dad is painting his room for two days in a row. Taking a nap with him is my idea of Heaven.

No comments: