Thursday, April 23, 2009

Miracles

Today it really hit me hard, just how far we have come.

I realized just how ungrateful I would be if I didn't acknowledge the Lord's kindest blessings in our family's life over the past two years.

Two years ago, these beautiful and beloved C
hildren of ours began a difficult and treacherous journey into the unknown. Neither one had even finished High School and found themselves on the brink of Parenthood. We could not have told them just how hard their journey would be and how much they would need to rely on there Savior and our Heavenly Father for help.

Our Son Carlin, still my own precious little boy, {I was not ready to relinquish my role as caregiver and guardian,} and this precious Young Woman Naomi, who was to become my Daughter-in-Law {to me as precious as if she had been mine from birth} gave birth to a most glorious child, an angel.

Within a 3 month span of time, Naomi became a Mother, a wife, and accepted the gospel of Jesus Christ into her life. She wanted more than breath for her family to be together forever.


Their story belongs to them and the joy of watching t
hem grow and trust Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ has belonged to Jared and I.They have worked so very hard to strengthen their family. Naomi has continued to attend High School and will graduate in a few weeks!! Carlin Celebrated the passing of his GED as well as his 1st anniversary last July. He works for University Of Phoenix and attends classes there. They are In Love with the Son who brought their union together at such a tender age and are lovely parents. I could not be more grateful and particularly happy that they Share Isaac so much with his Gramma Vicki.


The next few weeks will be gearing up for the Celebrating of Isaac's 2nd Birthday. I will be enjoying the Miracle of how much life can change in two years.



5 comments:

Tobi said...

Congrats to you on having such a beautiful family. This post made me cry. It's so beautiful to see how much you love you children.

annie valentine said...

That story totally made my day. What an awesome family, and what wonderful blessings they have in store.

Jodie said...

What a great story! It is nice to hear about young parents making such wonderful choices. You are indeed very blessed!

Elisa said...

The Gospel, and more specifically the Atonement, is amazing!

Thanks for sharing!

Loralee and the gang... said...

What a sweet story! You are such a loving and wonderful mom!
:~D