Sunday, May 1, 2016

Wherein I respond to current events which are important to me.

Isn't that the point, Elder Holland?
We are telling you by the 1000's of souls,
THE THINGS IN OUR CONTEMPORARY LIFE MATTER.
Please hear us.
 
"Don’t you dare bail. I am so furious with people who leave this church. I don’t know whether ‘furious’ is a good apostolic word. But I am. What on earth kind of conviction is that? What kind of patty-cake, taffy-pull experience is that? As if none of this ever mattered, as if nothing in our contemporary life mattered, as if this is all just supposed to be “just exactly the way I want it and answer every one of my questions and pursue this and occupy that and defy this – and then maybe I’ll be a Latter-Day Saint”?! Well, there’s too much Irish in me for that."

My Thoughts:
When he told the story of the boat and apostles and "Carest thou not that we perish" ~My vision opened up.  I knew that I DON'T fall apart, cry out for help, panic, or lose hope---if I'm NOT in a safe place with someone to rely on.  Those apostles, yes they were masters at the sea as Elder Holland reminded us, surely they had weathered many such storms-
They cried out in such a manner because Jesus was there and they knew what he could do to save them.
They trusted the Master of Heaven and Earth and Skies and Sea.

I can not ever in my wildest imagination think I have listened to more desperately heart rending stories than Elder Holland has listened to.  NEVER.
 
 
 
I hear a man, frustrated, tired, worn, I heard a man speaking there in the first 2/3 of this clip and then I heard my beloved trusted favorite apostle - speaking words of peace.

I will continue to be a witness for those who are feeling thrown OUT of that boat Elder Holland is speaking of, who do NOT feel heard or cared about.
I will witness my precious friend's anger and pain and I will weep and I know, I will be tired.

Then, I will remember
I will trust in the Lord and Master of Heaven and Earth and Skies and I will wait.

No comments: