Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Remembering Mom Johnson


One year ago Jared and I drove to Utah all night and surprised his mom with a visit.  That was one of the best decisions we ever made and it was the last time we saw her in mortal frame.

Margie was a spitfire of a person, what she lacked in size she made up for in personality and energy.  I learned many things from her in 25 years of being her daughter.  I like to think that I am a better mother in law because of the way she treated me.  There was absolutely no end to the amount of love she had to give.

One of the things she always said "Be grateful in ALL things."  Sometimes, I didn't like to hear that but, she of course was right on.
So mom, whatever fun and exciting project you have going on up there in heaven stop for just a minute and know I learned this valuable lesson in gratitude from you and I LOVE you for it.

Mom, know that we think about and fondly speak of you day by day.  You are an important part of what our family is and we are so thrilled that we get to be a part of your forever. Just last week I said something and all three kids at the table started laughing and Stephan said, "Well hello grandma Johnson, when did you get here!"

 I know you were there with me that terrifying night on the highway and that you were whispering for me to hold still, and I am grateful because just like you, I have lots of work still to do.

  

No comments: