Tuesday, December 2, 2008

President Henry B. Eyring Said...

Today I am studying President Eyring's Sunday morning talk from October 2008 General Conference. This really jumped out at me, "He cannot grant it [unity] to us as individuals. The joy of unity He wants so much to give us is not solitary. We must seek it and qualify for it with others. It is not surprising then that God urges us to gather so that He can bless us. He wants us to gather into families. He has established classes, wards, and branches and commanded us to meet together often. In those gatherings, which God has designed for us, lies our great opportunity. We can pray and work for the unity that will bring us joy and multiply our power to serve."

Wow, that is so powerful and on this beautiful December day I would like to testify of how the many blogs I have read have lifted and fed my soul and brought me to a feeling of unity and a desire to love my sisters as I read blogs and enjoy them. I have witnessed so many loving people, most who don't even know each other, UNITED, as prayers are requested, service is offered, love and friendship and support is extended, laughter is shared, pain and sorrow are borne together. I say Thank You for your tremendous examples and for the opportunity to share in such a marvelous unity.

No comments: