Monday, February 16, 2009

Sunflowers the Middle

There were some years between the first Garden of Sunflowers and this New Garden...

In the fall of the year I turned 40, all of the Sunflowers were gone, believe it or not, it is too cold here in the winter for the prettiest sunflowers. It was a particularly cold winter with several freezes and even snow here in sunny Mesa, AZ. Quite the contrast to the current mild winter we are experiencing.

The fall brought a particular chill to our home... our sweet and beloved son came to us with the news that his girlfriend was going to have his baby. My mother heart broke open in a way I could never anticipa
te. These are not experiences I had thought of. The story is long and full of pain, conflict, lessons learned, LOVE, patience, impatience, tears, and even smiles. As more than one Prophet writer in the Book of Mormon wrote I can not write even the smallest part of what I feel here.

Three years have come and gone. There has been
gardening. Not the kind of Gardening I Love. The yard is clean, the gardens are prepared, the weather is gorgeous, and I wouldn't dare put in print for Jared's eyes how much I have spent on seeds from Johnny's Seed Catalog ☺.

And This Year I Have A Gardening Buddy!

No comments: