Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The Answer

Today I sat down again to work on my lesson for the Laurel class on Sunday, these are the Young Women ages 16-18. I worked on the lesson yesterday and found myself overwhelmed. It is just so much easier for me to teach the precious Sunbeams, they are 3 and 4 year olds.

As I began reading and pondering I though, "I am going to miss Primary, where the answer to all of the questions is JESUS, then I realized... JESUS is the answer to our questions.

"It seams that the essence of our mortal journey and the answers to the most significant questions in life are distilled down to these brief elements in the opening scenes of the Savior's earthly ministry. One element is the question put to every one of us on this earth: "What seek ye? What do you want?" The second is His response to our answer, whatever that answer is. Whoever we are and whatever we reply, His response is always the same: "Come," He says lovingly. "Come, follow me." Wherever you are going, first come and see what I do, see where and how I spend my time. Learn of me, walk with me, talk with me, believe. Listen to me pray. In turn you will find answers to your own prayers. God will bring rest to your souls. Come, follow me."
ELDER JEFFREY R. HOLLAND

5 comments:

Danielle said...

My husband and I teach the sunbeams and we love it! They are really easy to teach! I don't envy you. Although in my old ward I taught the fourteen-fifteen year old in Sunday school and it was one of my favorite callings!

Bobbi Jo Nichols said...

Great post and you are so right. I was a Laurels adviser for a couple of year and most of the time it was easy but sometimes I felt like calling someone else to do the class for me.
I am sure you will do a wonderful job.Just put it in his hands. Hugs, Bobbi Jo

Turleygirl said...

Love it! You are right on track.

Turleygirl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mile191 said...

Hey. Good to hear from you. Hope your lesson goes well. I am praying for you....thanks for the love. hugs to you. I hope to hear about your lesson today! ♥