Monday, June 8, 2009

I am not keeping up with my responsibilities.
I am tired way to often and it is just too easy to put off what needs to be done until later.

I am struggling with depression

If I put in writing here in my little place the statement,

I want and need to go back to the gym, I felt better when I exercised regularly!
I wonder if this will help me start? Put on the right clothes, the right shoes, get my towel and water bottle, go to the car and drive to the gym. That would be a good thing for me to do.


I need to clean my house. I need to get rid of all the things I don't need and get my mess under control.
I wonder if I start by cleaning the kitchen and my bathroom...
This one is overwhelming.

Determine that the thing can and shall be done, and then we shall find the way.
Abraham Lincoln

5 comments:

Turleygirl said...

Vicki, you are wonderful. I am sorry that you are struggling. I have tendencies to get lost in crafting, decorating, blogging and so on. Here's what I do, maybe it will help. I let myself do one part of a craft, then I have to accomplish 3 things around the house. I let myself do one blog post then I have to accomplish 3 things around the house. This seems to keep me in balance. Things around the house could be: fix dinner, move the laundry, make bed, clean the bathroom, and so on. I hope this helps, maybe this isnt even what you are referring to but it keeps me going. Hang in there!

Turleygirl said...

Ok, one more thing. Sorry. When I say I 'let myself' I mean, I completely enjoy that moment for those things truly bring me joy. I feel no guilt for things I should be doing because they will get their turn too. Does that make sense? I hope so. Have a great day!

brightfamfarm said...

I do know how you feel as I am frequently there myself. If you need a friend, I am here for you. If you need to talk I am just around the corner and you can come any time, or I can come to you! You are loved so very much and are an incredible and special woman and a dear friend.

Jodie said...

I can so relate to what you wrote. It is so hard to be a wife and mother. You are doing great!

mile191 said...

oh my, I could have so easily written this myself. I am with you honey. sorry that you are struggling. it seems that no matter what anyone says about me being a good mom, that I still beat myself up. i wake up thinking i will get something done, and then don't...well, i wrote about it today so I won't go on, but hope....for you and for me. depression sucks.