Saturday, June 6, 2009

Stephan's Day

Today we spent a special day in the Mesa AZ Temple
with Stephan as he prepares to serve his Mission
in Nashville, Tennessee.

This has been one of the most sacred and lovely days I have ever experienced as a Mother. Stephan was radiant and it is my honor to be his Mom.
I am truly humbled to have a son willing and able to make the choice to continue following our Savior Jesus Christ.

Today Stephan received his Endowment in the House of the Lord, the Temple.
I thought I would record here what an Endowment is... "A special spiritual blessing given to worthy and faithful members of the Church in the Temple."

I copied this following statement from the official Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints Website.

One ordinance received in the temple is called the endowment. The word endowment means "gift," and the temple endowment truly is a gift from God. The ordinance consists of a series of instructions and includes covenants to live righteously and follow the requirements of the gospel. The endowment focuses on the Savior, His role in Heavenly Father's plan, and the personal commitment of each member to follow Him.

I could not have dreamed a more beautiful day as a Mother. These are the days that make it all worthwhile.

5 comments:

Katie Fritzsche said...

beautiful Vicki... I get so wordy... you just quickly say what you feel.

I have to say what I am talking about so often for my family because they are non-members and I like what you've done, beautiful and still keeping it sacred. thank you for sharing and for sharing your children with all of us.

love you and see you when we get back!!!


oxoxoo
Katie

Wendi said...

There is nothing better in life then being in the Temple with your children. It is the most amazing experience for sure. Savor the moment. I am so proud of Stephan and of you as a mom. You are an amazing lady and so patient and good to your family. Thanks for being my friend.

Loralee and the gang... said...

Hard to believe that my son's mission is more than half over. Our wonderful of going thru the temple seems like just yesterday - I guess that's what happens when you still have a bunch of kids at home - or in your case, an adorable grandchild - time still flys even though there is someone out there that you miss so much. What a wonderful experience for you and your family!

Turleygirl said...

I love how you put it, simple yet meaningful. What a great blessing for your family. This is just the start of many good things to come.

That Mollie is so beautiful! She will look fabulous with those hair flowers. I just love her personality. Thank you for sending her our way - we really appreciate it!

Did you get to go to Youth Conf this year? You must have, fun for you!

Kristen said...

congrats to stephan!! i have been wondering where he got called, hopefully you can pass along my congrats:) that is so awesome that you are getting to go to the temple w/ a few of your kiddos so recently!