Monday, July 4, 2011

Summer Fun

Happy 4th of July!

Saturday night we were at the Mesa Arts Center in downtown where we attended the closing performance of Actor's Youth Theater's production of Les Miserables School Edition.  Mollie had the experience of her young life spending her summer with this amazing dedicated group of people learning and growing.

Brandon (Javert), Nicholas, Mollie, Brett (Marius), and Dale (Gavroche)

Mollie, Hannah (Mme Thenardier)

These kids were all really and truly amazing.  What an experience to have been a part of this show at such a young age.

We are so PROUD of you Mollie!

The show finished just in time for the downtown Mesa 2nd annual 4th of July celebration fireworks show.  The fireworks were launched right off of the Theater and parking structure where we were so we (the entire theater full) of people were able to walk out and stand right under them for the show.  I don't know if our camera phone photos will be able to give any perspective to how close we were to these fireworks.  Let me just say WOW!!  The mortar casings were landing all around us and on us, it was amazing. 



Tonight we will get together with all of our kids and go out to the desert (if I get my way) to launch our own fireworks.  Jared and the boys did the launching in our backyard on New Year's and I was a downer because no matter how much fun we were having I was frightened about doing it in the neighborhood.  I am most excited to enjoy the sparklers with Isaac.  Sparklers have always been my favorite.

2 comments:

Amy J said...

HI Vicki!
Thanks so much for the sweet comments on my blog! It's so very nice to meet you :) Blessings- Amy J.

Jessa said...

What fun photos of everyone in costume. Fireworks are so fun, but yes, if you don't have a good spot, they are too worrisome. Good luck :0), I hope you have a wonderful New Years!