Thursday, June 13, 2013


I have been joyously involved the last few months with a group from Utah, which has almost 3,000 members (there are 2,941 of us) throughout the world, we are Mormons Building Bridges.



This is a photo of us marching in the Salt Lake City Pride Parade, our group was twice that long!  The quote is a news quote from our founder Erika Munson.  I searched for a group with a peaceful and inclusive message, one that would leave the politics (particularly of gay marriage) out.

Here is my son Stephan, my very good friend of more that 35 years - Darrin, and me in the parade.



Yep, that's the huge sign I made with the message I had to use.  It was in one of the pride parades from 2012 that I saw this message, (that was when I Knew I had to march too).  I thought about all the years of teaching that primary song to children, realized that Carol Lynn Pearson wrote those words, and knew in my bones the real reason she had written this song.
When Carol Lynn saw pictures of this sign from the parade, she wrote me the most tender message.  She said she was proud to have marched with us that day, to give my son a big hug and kiss from her, and the most important thing she said to me was, "there is no turning back now."  This was the culmination of days and days of witnesses from my Heavenly Father that he knew what I was engaged in, He is proud of me, and that I am standing as His witness in Holy Places.

My friend Darrin is a very successful philanthropist who works for the Point Foundation in Los Angels.  They, the Point Foundation, give away hundreds of thousands of dollars of scholarships to LGBT youth every year.  He has not had any association with the church in over 25 years, since his honorable mission and subsequent coming out as gay.  I could tell you several stories of gay friends of mine who are interested in the church for the first time in decades because of the work and progress I am sharing with them.  I have a dream that every person will visit the websitemormonsandgays.org and find out the truth for themselves.

Here is a photo of the front of our group MBB, in the parade.



There were over 400 of us together, I like to think we were all wearing the #42, like in the Jackie Robinson story, so no one could tell us apart, gay or straight, we were as one.

Lastly, let me share the picture of what I have chosen to be my theme, the way I choose to go forward with faith.



Thanks for letting me share.
xoxo,
Vicki

No comments: